Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Childhood memories

I had an awesome time having dinner with Jolin, Melissa Kok and Wenly! I think I really got to know them better through our cell assignment.

Jolin's Story
Jolin became a Christian when she was 14 years old. At that time, she was the only one in her family who accepted Christ. So, whenever she wanted to go to church, her parents would say that they were lazy to fetch her. However, Jolin was a very stubborn child. She would tell her parents that if they don't want to fetch her, she'll just take a cab. Then, she'll walk out of the house and slowly, slowly walk under the hot sun. To get out of her housing area to the main road was a pretty long walk but Jolin was too stubborn to turn back and would continue to walk. At the same time, she'll wonder why her parents hadn't called her yet. Finally, after walking all the way to the main road, her mother would call her and agree to send her to church.

Melissa's Story
We learned to never be fooled by Melissa's innocent looks. She was actually a very naughty child who ran away from home once! :)

Wenly's Story
Wenly had wayyy too many stories ;) When she was 5, and attended another church they has this VBS camp thing. Wenly was a very mean child. So one day during VBS camp, they visited some place somewhere and had lunch. Wenly was the 'popular' girl with her 'popular' group of friends. Then this other 5 year old girl came up to their table and said ,"Wenly, can I sit here?". Wenly said yes but actually she didn't want the girl to sit there. Then, Wenly's friend, the other 'popular' girl said, "Yer, this table so full already! I don't want to sit here!" & Wenly said, "Yealah! They all laa!" & signaled to the poor little girl who had just joined them. Wenly was a VERY, VERY mean child. She also had VERY, VERY short hair in secondary school. You all should go look for her old Facebook pictures & have a good laugh :)

Tammy's Story
When I was 9, Stephanie's dad bought a new house. So he asked my parents to go take a look at it. So my parents & I went. When we reached, Stephanie invited me to go play at the playground. So off we went, Steph, her cousin and I! Then we sat on that 'springy seesaw thing' (I hope you all know what I'm talking about) cuz Steph said it was very fun. Steph and I sat on the 'springy seesaw thing' while her cousin shook it. Then her cousin started to shake the 'springy seesaw thing' really hard and I could feel myself going forward very fast. Suddenly, I hit my head on the 'springy seesaw thing' & a small part of one of my two front teeth chipped into a million pieces. Steph said I cried a lot but I don't remember.

0 illumination(s):